03-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #171
Prollig
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsaville View Post
I did this last week took me about 45mins, totally straight forward. No coding required. Get the new MP Wheel, Swap the switch bits from the original wheel onto M Performance wheel. The clock spring does not need to be altered or replaced.

Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, don't shut the boot & keep the drivers door open ( i taped up the negative terminal on the battery to fully isolate and just to be super safe. Waited 10mins, and then put my foot on the brake to dissipate any remaining energy.

Removed the airbag, removed the centre nut with 16mm socket wrench, pulled the wheel ( take note of the wheel position) its keyed and is easy to line up after wards. Stripped the switches, and placed them on the new wheel. Fitted the newly rebuild wheel, to the car and torqued the center nut to 46 lbs feet. Refitted the airbag, reconnected the battery job done.

If you have any queries please ask, i have done 2 previous steering wheel swaps on Audi's before doing the M Performance wheel.

Cheers
MJ
Sweet thanks man. Yeah I wonder what would need to be coded?

And what's the deal with the clock spring? That comes off the old one and goes on the new one? Why is that a big deal? Or is it not a big deal?
Appreciate 0