03-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #99
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsanity View Post
Hey guys. long time reader and decided to make an account today. I'm getting my M2 on March 20th delivery . Someone ordered it and cancelled. I was lucky to get a march delivery. This is my first M car. I've noticed that some people wrap the car? is that worth it? any insights from current M owners would be appreciated . Thanks guys.
In my area (with snow and ice and sand and salt and hard-headed bugs in the summer), I won't own another car without paint protection film on the front end. After 3 years and 36,000 miles, cars without it can be a pockmarked, rusty mess. Plus, for the last two cars I've traded in (at different dealers) the appraisers added the amount of the original Xpel treatment to the trade-in values - which was pretty good, considering the replacement vehicles were bought under invoice due to company incentives. I keep my cars clean, but they're daily drivers.

OTOH, I would not just cover your whole M2 with PPF. Drive around and check the dirt and splash patterns on cars comparable to yours and put PPF on the areas that gather the most road garbage. On my GT 350, for example, it was essential to cover the bottom quarter of the doors and the entire area in front of the rear wheels; on my M2, besides the front end and hood, we covered the "U" - the A pillars and the header over the windshield - because those areas seem to take more hits than anywhere else on the car.
Appreciate 0