Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 n X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
They're actually adjustable coilovers (assuming it's the same as the M4)
Do you know if the adjustments can be controlled from the center console? Or is it external adjustment. I'm not familiar with the new tech.

I guess this is why they did not offer adaptive suspension as an option. They would like you to purchase this feature. How much does it usually run? Can it be adjusted to set real soft for bumpy roads?

I live in NYC and having the car run smoother over bumps here is huge... for my back.
The coilovers seem to be THE upgrade here.

The car probably handles as well stock for 95% of the population and only the other 5% will truly extract the performance out of the setup.

Let's remember coilovers are for counterweight adjustment or corner weight balance. This means sharing the weight for maximal grip at each corner.

Coilovers with adjustable dampening is for cars that will be tracked.

Comfort is not a big ingredient here.

Comfort- sport - sport+ are not what this setup looks to offer. I.e. Not to offer touring, city, spirited driving.

Instead, it seems to be track A, auto cross track, drift course, slalom etc.

If you as a user fall in the track choice crowd, then coilovers are for you. If you seek to adjust to your daily driving habits coilovers will never be for you on any car.

Coilovers always make a car lower, stiffer and will wear tires if not corner weighted correctly!!!! Dedicated pro setup will extract performance out of the car when driven at 9/10ths and faster. There are little or no returns for daily drivers since you give up comfort, inherently in a coilover setup.
Except nobody wants progressive springs for the track lol.