06-12-2017, 04:03 AM   #12
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
The Porsche museum is not to be missed. I found it much more interesting than the BMW museum (and I've been a BMW fan since 1971). It's been 7 years ago now since I went, but I do recall my son and I getting hung up at the 917 disassembled engine display for a long time (two engineers discussing every aspect of it). I also recall there being a number of 924 and 944 cars in the museum on display.

The Porsche factory tour was also not to be missed while there.

Thanks for your pictures in the link above from the BMW museum. It appears only a few things have changed since 2010. I assume they still have the "large sedan" room that starts with the E3 and goes up through the E38 (as of 2010 anyway). I asked one of the museum staff if it was okay to take as many pictures, including under the car, of the E3 as I desired, and she looked at me quizzically (likely assessing my mental stability) and then said sure, it's fine. The E3 was in amazing new condition, and having owned one for so many years, I had to spend time photographing it including laying on the floor as needed. She later told my wife nobody has ever done that before. Needless to say, I have hundreds of pics of early BMWs (70s and 80s) from the museum.

Nope. That "large sedan" room is now displaying BMW 3er's from past generations.

Name:  IMG_4927.jpg
Views: 1645
Size:  127.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4937.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  105.7 KB
Appreciate 1
CSBM52733.00