03-26-2024, 06:35 PM   #17
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Well the issue is ................
We'll just have to agree that our opinion/experiences differ regarding the jack stands/jack pads and I wouldn't concede mine are less valid/reliable.

In the 6.5yrs I've had this car it's been up on these stands using the same set of rubber jack pads probably 90-100 times, never any damage to the car mount points & pads are as good as when I first got them.

No I haven't 'lunged' at the car (doesn't sound good for the body panels but have pushed against the top of the roof rail as hard as my 180cm 83kg body can and car was rock solid, likewise firmly shutting door even starting engine.

Maybe the most challenging work I've so far done for the stands was the rear springs/coilovers. Torque for the rear eccentric bolt/nut is 165Nm and to get leverage with my big torque wrench I had the stands in the highest position (had to put jack on a platform to get the height) and car was still rock solid.

Your reviews are great but I think it's fair to say not necessarily the last word. eg the oil filter cap tool, I have one which looks identical to your 'Amazon' one though I bought from ebay over 6yrs ago. Mine is a perfect fit on the cap, I've done I think 17 oil changes and not a mark on the cap. I did buy the spark plug gap tool you reviewed, it's fantastic compared to the old way of tapping plug on the bench. I only posted in the thread as I didn't see the point of Terry wasting (my opinion) money when other tools much cheaper are available, down here at the bottom of the world availability is often an issue not to mention crazy pricing. cheers
Appreciate 1