Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Since BMW does not make much (if any) money on the M2... why do so many assume they want their 'halo' 2 series car to continue to have such a marginal price differential - stealing sales from the more profitable M240i? Makes more sense to bump up the M2 in range - either as an enhanced base model or only offering it in CS or GTS form.

In any case, if they replace the N55 with the S55 in the base car, the price bump will not drive down the MY 2016/17 resale. And if it is marginally profitable now... you can bet they will not have a small price bump.

I also don't see a reason to replace the N55 with the B58 in the base M2 and keep the price low... as that again will again cannibalize the M240i sales into a less profitable car.

I am not worried in any way. All the future possibilities do not change the fact my MY2017 chugging its way across the Atlantic will be a fantastic car!
how do you know if BMW isn't making much money on M2? this isn't a LFA with some crazy technologies applied to a limited production. M2 is a parts bin car. they really aren't spending that much money to produce this car.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 1