View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 08:17 PM   #12
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Really interesting analysis. What you describe with the issue itself aligns with my experience. More revs really do seem to mitigate it.

I’m getting a custom tune soon and throttle mapping is on the table to I may explore this myself. Thanks for sharing.
I've been driving manuals for 45yrs and this was my first that had changing throttle maps (& my 1st turbo), I don't see the point especially in a MT. I understand the 'marketing' behind the Sport+ throttle, it gives the illusion of more power, but it doesn't make for better driving imo especially paired with MDM, the overly sensitive throttle hinders good corner exits. My track top speeds are no slower with the softer throttle, just need to use more pedal during corner exit.

I'm fairly certain the more linear power delivery alone made an improvement as it's nicer driving in Comfort than before (& Comfort throttle map is un-changed). I've not driven this tune without the added 10% Sensitivity reduction for Sport so not sure whether it's a combination of this & the tune that made the improvements.

It's almost 100K km since I got the AS SSK (then over time the other custom tunes, CDV delete, Rogue trans mounts, Turner rear poly + other mods not MT specific), it might be the current tune/throttle mapping has made the single biggest improvement to daily/spirited road driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolegittwoquit View Post
Interesting... You'd think if heat soak was part of the issue then it would be worse in Sport, not Comfort, but must be some other settings that impact that.
Yes I found it worse in Sport (& worse again in Sport+ back when I had oem tune) and less of an issue in Comfort, in carparks I'd actually switch to Comfort. When moving off from stationary try adding a little throttle to make sure revs don't drop, for me this pretty much eliminated the shudder. Problem doing this in Sport+ in traffic is you'll often get too much speed and have to back off or run into cars in front.
Appreciate 1