champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Well, you haven't looked around enough.

This is a manual 2018 M2 with $2,630 off MSRP.

https://www.tomhesserbmw.com/new/BMW...1504f1b3c9.htm

And this is a manual 2018 M2 with $1000 of MSRP.

https://www.bmwmainline.com/new/BMW/...43884e16c6.htm

And this one is $688 of MSRP

http://www.bobbyrahalbmw.com/new/BMW...d489159944.htm

I'm sure there are more outside of my area, I only looked for 10 minutes.
Since they are in your area, why don't you beat me to it and buy one of these great deals for yourself?

First, I guess it is good that there are some forum members who value anything from a few hundred to a couple of thousand dollars as being some sort of earth-shattering savings that they would go to great effort to obtain. Obviously, none of these "deals" would interest me at all since they are over 2000 miles away from me, and I have better and more profitable ways of spending my time than hunting down something like that.

The truth is that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the deals that people are finding on cars that are either loaded up with options (mostly of little value), DCTs, or both. When a dealer orders a car that is optioned up like a Christmas tree, they have a lot more potential profit to make and cutting a few thousand dollars off the price still results in a highly profitable sale. A stripped 6MT provides way less profit to the dealership, which is why the dealerships who are ordering cars on "spec" are not ordering them that way.

For me to go out of the area to buy a car and then drive it back would require a big commitment. The nearest other dealership is 4+ hours drive away, and like my dealership, they hardly sell any M-Cars at all, since BMW dealers in my part of the country are mostly SUV shops. I haven't ever seen an M2 listed on their site. So then we are talking 9 and more hours of driving, a plane ticket, at least one night in a hotel, etc., to save peanuts.

My business these days is largely in investment real estate. When I buy or sell or lease, these transactions are gone over with a fine-toothed comb, every option is looked at upside, downside, sideways, every clause in the documents are scrutinized from every angle. I pay my lawyer a small fortune to save me from losing an even bigger one :-) Real money is at stake, and the cost of a mistake can be very expensive. This stuff is worth my complete attention.

On the other hand, these discussions about saving a few hundred or maybe a couple of thousand dollars in a car transaction, remind me of some of the silly things that people do chasing bonuses by repeatedly opening new credit card and bank accounts. There are websites devoted to that sort of thing.

Sure, you can do it if you have the time, and if your time isn't worth all that much.