12-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #180
Xach
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Also no offense from here either! The M235i is a fantastic package, great value and in my opinion the best all-around BMW out today but if you come from 1M or some other M cars, it's too soft for our tastes. It has a comfort button. The 1M did not. The suspension is soft and I'm not a fan of digitally enhanced sound and no temp gauge, etc. I was ready to buy M235i after all the hype about it being faster than 1M at the Ring but it's just a bit too much for everyone and very heavy for its size. By the time you add a LSD and a proper suspension, rip off the LCD display, disconnect the digital sound and put an exhaust system, it will cost as much as the M2 which should be lighter and maybe have a real exhaust a la 1M.

With that said, I am using the M235i as a baseline to compare the M2. If the M2 comes with the same comfort buttons, no temp gauge, digital sound and ho-hum exhaust and the same steering and soft suspension and weighs 3500-3600 lbs then there is no point buying one because as you said, you can get an M235i for a lot less and 90% of the fun.
Yea ofcourse man i came from a stock E90 335i and this is on a whole other dimension compared to it. but coming from a 1M is totally different. If i had the money i was going to buy a E92 M3 or a E30 M3 and boost it loll. but if the M2 has the same little bad things like the M235i and is going to be over 60k starting AND is going to be over 400hp AND its going to have that ugly front end(bias opinion) then i dont think its worth it. lol. itll beat the M3/M4 if it comes with over 400HP and torque
Appreciate 0