View Single Post
      08-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #33
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
A M2 will have a CF roof... it is not an added expense, it will be part of the design of the car. It's weight saving will add value to the M2..!

Otherwise, people will just buy a M235i.. & mod.
i just dont think they will necessarily have it. like that m2 spyshot in the other thread, with the orange car has an exposed non CF roof and that seems sort of like a hint.

i would think, for a lot of people a $50k m2, with a tuned n55, some aluminum fenders, a wider track and sportier suspension , sportier seats, and LSD , and maybe DCT (i could really see them putting the m235i racing 8ZF with the more agressive shift map that that comes with instead too, to get the cost lower) and say some M style 19" rims would be enough for them to call it an M. i mean $50k is only $7k more than a 235i. given the LSD is $3k by itself, i just cant see them being able to build it for a price much less and properly segmented away from m3/m4 while adding all the good m3/m4 parts. if it ends up with every thing from the m4, and just a different engine, it would seem like that would probably put it close to $60k starting.

i'd guess they have people sittnig there trying to figure out, if we make one for $50k, without all the "really good stuff" we'll still get X # of buyers, and not steal from the m3/m4. vs if we make it $58-59k with CF roof, CF driveshaft , DCT, how many people will buy it, and how many will just not buy a m4.
Appreciate 0