View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #39
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
It funny how you think you know so much about a car that we know basically nothing about. Also, the M4 is a bloated luxury car? Have you seen the numbers that car is putting down? It's completely obliterating all records set by the E93 M3, which is a highly respected car. I can assure you that the M2 will not beat the M4 on the track. BMW just will not let that happen, and that makes the M4 the better track car. So from my perspective, it seems that there may be a bit of rationalization going on here.
M4 is MASSIVE...
M2 is Proper.

What car was better handling, the 1M, or the M3..?
What new car will handle better the M2, or the M4 ..?

Coincidentally, & if you didn't notice the M4 has a LUXURY focus on it..., which doesn't make it as focused of a car. Additionally, there is no M435i, or a M435i R either, like there is a m235i Racing. Further illustrating the 2 Series dominance in racing & track over the bloated 4-series.

What the point of an M2, if not to offer BMW's premier track car? With M235i and R fit snugly on each side. The M2 will be BMW's clubsport.
The M4 doesn't fit that role.

BTW..
Lawyers buy an M4, Trackaholics will buy a M2.
If you don't get it, it's OK. BMW might tune it so many people's ego can take the abuse.
Appreciate 0