02-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #171
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
Another view from an Audi fanboi...
1. I've had 4 Audi's and loved them. All this "Audi's understeer, terrible handling etc" is just rubbish, and with a bit of chassis tuning (depending on the car, springs, bars shocks, tires & alignment) they are really fun and can fling them around. If you've never raced a good FWD or AWD car, you have no idea what you are talking about RWD being "better" on track. The troll pictures above of the little rear brakes was stupid.. the rears are as big as they need to me. The fronts are huge (6 piston?)

2. I've been racing (Road/Circuit) for more than 20 years. Both of my current race cars are RWD, but I've raced Mid-engine and FWD too. Where the engine sits hasn't influenced my race finishes - all can be just fine on track. Remember they Banned Audi from racing due to them cleaning house with AWD, despite smaller engines and lower HP? Also, how a street car performs on track is meaningless. Unless you are a real racer you wont get enough out of the car on the track to matter, and if you are, what are you doing wasting time and money with a street car on the track anyway? Proper race cars are so much better and a lot cheaper than a street car on the track.

3. The TTRS is not really an apples-apples comparison for the M2 as it is more expensive and more a 2 seater. The upcoming RS3 Sedan will be a much more fair comparison.

With all that said above, I love that motor but just don't like the price, or how the TTRS looks. The interior is way better, and I love the front, but the side and rear view are not attractive and can't get a manual. M2 wins on looks and ability to get a manual. I think the M2 is better looking than the RS3 sedan too. I like the Cayman S, but its too expensive for its performance. In the end, the track numbers, "pro" opinions etc. just don't matter. It is amusing how defensive people are here and all the lame excuses, but what do you like? Everybody has a different mission.. just go with what you like and quit trying to justify deficiencies with your ego and self-image. I was all geared up to get an M2, but can't seem to get an allocation so am shopping a used R8.. I'd love an M2 and not shopping the TTRS or Cayman but I'm sure I won't be unhappy with the R8
I definitely prefer the M2 but I totally agree with the above
Appreciate 0