I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Reading in that same thread you been posting to http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...884103&page=11 it seems that anti dazzle is only possible with bi xenon if you get the European headlight as the US headlight doesn't include the hardware shutter to shape the beam properly, however I'm not sure anyone has taken apart the 2 series or m2 bi xenon to make sure, but they did on an f30.

however the LED adaptive headlights don't use a hardware shutter to shape the beam and instead just turn on and off LED lights, so in theory the adaptive LED lights on the LCI could be coded for anti dazzle. that's what I found with my limited research.
Actually, the bolded part may be incorrect. We are not 100% sure that there isn't supposed to be some sort of micro-shutter in there, which would be present on ROW lights and may be missing from NAR. Nezil and Almaretto and I have been going around on this for a while.

Speaking solely of LCI LED headlights at this point - the NAR headlights are different part numbers from ROW. It's not yet confirmed what exactly is different between them (other than the NAR lights have the amber sidemarker light that I suspect is missing entirely from the Euro/ROW assemblies).
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.

Last edited by ZPrime; 03-22-2018 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0