06-04-2022, 09:48 AM   #84
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablom2c View Post
Well it looks like I jinxed myself haha… after about a year of the coding fix working, yesterday I noticed my rear left indicator was not working (did not get dash warning of course due to coding). It has been raining a lot lately over here, but there doesn't seem to be water inside the tail light. Maybe the humidity has something to do with it? The indicator looks like it was working but very very dim, in day light you can't see it but at night it is very faint you can see it up close. I saw a post that said to tap the tail light and I did a few times and then the indicator started working again normally. Is this a different fault to the coding fix? Should I check the wires or get a replacement headlight? Mine is a 2020 M2C. Are all the headlights that BMW replaces for free the same part number? There is no new updated version? Maybe there is more than one type of fault with these tail lights?
How and what did you change in the with coding?

That sounds like a programming issue, go back to "Expert Mode" under REM and change these four parameters to "active."

The reason your light flickers when the turn signal is illuminated is because the frequency of PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) is too slow. This change will eliminate that and give you working LED signals.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0