Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i would say there is no way the M2 will be as connected or as raw or simple as the Z4M. If that is what you want----keep the Z4M. With every new generation of BMWs, the 'feel' is becoming less and less and the driving experience is succumbing to electronics and wizardry. The Z4M Coupe is a total classic, IMO.

if you are looking for a 'new' experience, get the M2 i say.
Is the 1M less raw than a Z4M? Never driven one just curious. I hope the M2 is similar in feel but seems like the only comparable car around now is a Cayman.
i have driven two Z4Ms and loved them...almost bought one in 2008. The 1M is the 'last' raw feeling M car I've driven....but I feel it is less raw than the Z4M. I do think the 1M feels very connected and is also challenging to drive well just like the Z4M though.

Part of the Z4M coupe charm, IMO, is the small shape and form which is really driver focused as opposed to a Coupe which had been turned into a full on sports car (like the 1M). The Z4 started as a sports car.

When I think of comparing the 1M and Z4 I feel they are complimentary to each other rather than one being better than the other. I think the M2 will essentially be a more refined and luxurious mainstream 1M....so I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. If you said you were going to ADD the M2 to your garage I would say go for it....but to sell/trade the Z4M coupe for it I'm not so sure.
Appreciate 0