10-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #19
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
I'm not convinced that BMW will give it all the M3/M4 styling cues and do the full weight reduction program. Especially not the CF roof. But I'd expect it to get the M3/M4 suspension, brakes, M Diff, and most of the actual go-fast parts.

I think BMW will probably want to keep the M3/M4 at the top of the BMW performance hill. (And I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that past, current, and future M3/M4 owners will want the M3/M4 to stay on top of the BMW performance hill.)

Which means that the M2 should be slower than the M3/M4. Easy to do. Keep the weight at or near that of the M3/M4 and keep the power between M235i and M3/M4 levels. That way M2 buyers can have the fastest 2 series ever made, for a lower price than the M3/M4. And it wouldn't threaten the M3/M4 in terms of performance, prestige, sales cannibalization, or any of that.

Just my $0.02.
Which is why I said we used our imagination and that some (or none) of the imagined parts may make the production M2, and would likely be unique from the M3/M4 if they did make the car.

The only parts actual confirmed by the spy pics are the front bumper and wide fenders.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0