View Single Post
      04-20-2023, 07:05 PM   #2
Me2
Private
Rep
Drives: m2

Very Nice! Looking forward to more updates and the dyno results.
Are you on stock LPFP and Dorch stage 2 HPFP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
Starting a new thread that's relevant to this turbo specifically on the n55 platform.

Mine is installed and did some tuning last night. Ran 15lbs on 93 and about 19lbs on e40 so far. This is first initial tuning session trying to be very safe and ease our way into it as we haven't had it on the dyno. Just running around mexico. Appears to be holding lbs past 6500rpm.
Initial plan is flex fuel tune. So we have a safe 93 on 15/16lbs and more aggressive e40. This will evolve into a flex fuel tune as I have the hardware.

Observations so far coming from stage 2 on stock turbo.
There is good amount of power down low, enough to roast 1st and 2nd gear from a stop. Dumping the throttle in 2nd gear from say 25mph is not as violent as before, but still fucking moves. We are also keeping boost low as this turbo is new and I dont want to buy a block yet.

LPFP could not handle E55. We dropped it back down to E45 and the fuel pressure was good. Running a stage 2 dorche only.

We are tracing the possibility of a boost leak since we hit 90% duty cycle at 19lbs and pure showed this turbo hitting 25lbs on their site. Sent an email to Pure asking about this issue and going back into the shop so they can investigate the leak.

I will say this turbo did do what I expected it to. Remove the heavy torque down low and make this motor feel more like a the s65. The way this thing feels at 19lbs, I am excited to see what more tuning time and 24lbs feels like.

Loading logs into Datazap and will post some when I get them sorted out. There's quite a few to sort thru.
Appreciate 0