View Single Post
      12-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #15
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

I believe the 1M "magic" will be nearly impossible to recreate with an M2 CS. What makes the 1M special is that it is not perfectly engineered due to the short development cycle.

I am worried that BMW will give the M2 a GTS treatment. The M4 GTS has been pretty much a media failure - overpriced and under performing (whether right or wrong).

While I haven't driven the M2, the reviews remind me of my feelings on my M3 ZCP - pretty much a perfectly engineered car. A perfectly engineered car can seem boring (this is even seen in some 991 GT3 and other super car reviews). The M3 ZCP has power literally everywhere in the rev range (the most unique feature of the car; I have never driven a car that makes speed so easily) and handles perfectly neutral. This makes it "boring" (especially at legal speeds) compared to the somewhat erratically tempered 1M. The M3 can however easily transport my 3 month old and all her stuff very comfortably and safely (otherwise I would have a GT4 or M2 in the stable next to the 1M).
Appreciate 0