08-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #32
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
You are taking things way out of proportion. No one from HRE tells you to take the offsets to the grave. Before I got my wheels I talked to HRE about offsets and they asked me not to put them publicly on the forum (that is all), this is before they even knew I would get them and they had no problem discussing fitments.

When I finally got my wheels through a dealer no one has mentioned anything about keeping the offsets secret. They are printed on the back of the wheels etc. So no one is stopping you from telling someone on a car meet, they just don't want a HRE offset thread on the biggest forums in the world.
I was under the impression that HRE can tailor made the wheels in your desired offset...so you can ask HRE to make wheels with the original offset of the standard M2 wheels if you want. Not?
Personally; I don't think offsets are such a big secret if you are interested in their wheels. I personally see no reason why offsets or wheel dimensions should be a secret for a potential customer? By the way: people who do business (on any level) are their to make money.... If not it's called a hobby and not running a company.