View Single Post
      03-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #101
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
Does anyone know actual decibel differences between these systems...I like them all but have great neighbors and hope to keep them that way!!!
I'm thinking of running the Dinan exhaust with the Fabspeed 200 cat....first installing the Dinan and then, if it is not too loud, adding the Fabspeed, but having the actual decibel ratings would be a huge help in the decision making process....so if anyone has the actual numbers let me know!!!!
Thanks....
I do not have dB readings as well but I can speak from experience.

Upon cold start-up, it definitely will be a loud start. But this only lasts for about 15-20 seconds and then idle will sound very similar to stock. I have some pretty cool neighbors as well and not one of them has a complaint about it. I also have our Muffler Bypass Exhaust which I think is even a little louder than the Dinan setup.

Check your PMs and we can chat more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfva View Post
Can't answer about decibel, but for my experience with the Remus catback before and the HJS dp after (however completely satisfied), I would suggest to everyone has the idea to change the full exhaust of their M2, to proceed at first with e the downpipe and (maybe) after with the catback. I think in the most of the cases you could be ok just with the first step only.
I absolutely agree! I think the best place to start is our Sport Cat Downpipe and see if that is sufficient enough for you. The Sport Cat alone provides a nice bump in power and sound.
Appreciate 0