View Single Post
      02-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #183
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Thanks folks for your input, still not decided on Head Up Display but interesting to see how you managed 2 connections, when I get the chance I run a test similar to yours.

The one thing now not working with my SatNav App on my phone is no voice out when my phone is placed on the media adapter, so I get the full map showing on my i-drive with no voice, but I believe this is an issue between the SatNav App and the Media adapter in my centre console, and not the smart view.
Do you have the audio out from the SmartView module connected to your aux in jack under the arm rest?

I opted to do it differently though. I decided to plug the SmartView cables (including audio) into the multimedia box for the rear camera retrofit. I then used the audio outs of the multimedia box to connect to the aux in under the arm rest. Doing it this way will allow me to utilize the other A/V inputs on the multimedia box to send their audio signal through the aux in of the car. And this is a stupid point but I'm putting it out there, make sure you switch your audio input under media to use the aux in.
Appreciate 0