01-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems like the prices are gonna take a big hit. I just got notice that all M2's (in Canada at least) can be leased by an employee of BMW for roughly $600cad a month.

I've been in line for an M2 variant for quite a while (first at my dealer), and I have been looking to get an M2 to satisfy the itch in the meantime. Now I'm seriously contemplating if I should go forward with my Competition or CS allocation when it comes.

I know I'm going to stir some pots here but I'm trying to gauge how you guys in the US are seeing this situation. My feeling is that M2 production has ramped up but no one wants these cars. I know a lot of pre lci M2 orders have been dropped for the lci but I don't know if people actually stuck around for the LCI.

An employee friend of mine leased a new 2017 M2 for roughly $965cad (employee pricing) about 5 months ago and with it being about $600 now, that's a worrying trend that I think the M2 is facing. Thoughts?
Why are you gauging off of what the employees pay? I feel like regardless it will be $300 less on a leased car that costs around $1,000 for most BMW employees anyways. But, probably not for long if BMW decides to change their financing to be similar to Audi and Mercedes.
Appreciate 0