Rep
Drives: M2, C63s, 718 Cayman GT4

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiruna View Post
I believe mine is in the ball park around 15-20mms low. My springs rates are different as I swapped them out for a set of R-Spec Swift spring (I need to get back to you what the rates are) . Wheels are still stock, still waiting on cash to get my HRE's. But I will be going with a custom (or maybe a Vorsteiner FF) to go 20x11 rears to handle 295s.
If you are going with 295/30/20 travelling diameter will be about more than 10 % of stock rear diameter. If so, you will need to raise your car or do harder spring rate setting to fit the wheel without rubbing issue and also rear will require camber plates (I dont think the stock -1.5ish camber will do with those tire sizes).

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

I am fitting 19'' HRE FF04 with 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear.
Going Ohlins R&T with 90/180 spring rate as recommended with same preload from their recommendation amount that will give me about 10 mm drop. Hopefully I dont scrape the beautiful splitter piece.
So far, the only scrapping I did have (I have my R&T set at 5 (which from the MFG guide 2-5 clicks is for track use) clicks all around, probably might change it and the springs are geared towards hard track use) was when I am going down an incline (such as exiting parking lots) and I come back up to ground level for the road. It has happened frequently since road design here is kind of sh*t.

I wouldn't know about the quality of RW but from what abuse the Sterckenn has taken (and the accompanying M Performance winglets) I'd say that it is top tier. Then again, I wouldn't say I'm exactly qualified to speak on CF quality and design, so take from my real-world experience as you will.