View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 01:39 AM   #1
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Stiffening Plate (Belly Pan) Bolts

Last weekend I fitted my Fabspeed Sport Cat, which required removal of the front chassis stiffening plate. I know a few people have done this before, and in the DIY threads, no-one has ever posted about replacing the bolts that hold this on, even though ISTA+ gives torque settings of 56Nm + 90 degree rotation, and states that the bolts must be replaced.

This evening I had to remove the stiffening plate again to fit an upgraded Charge Pipe, and as I was putting the plate back on, I started to get concerned that these bolts might sheer if I don't replace them. I know the torque + angle tightening sequence is designed to stretch the bolts, and that doing this is only possible a few times.

I have an upgraded FMIC on its way, and will likely need to remove the stiffening plate again... I'm thinking of getting some new bolts this time, but wanted to hear feedback from others on the forum... is this really necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0