View Single Post
      04-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #16
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call it "absolute shaming" being that the ACR is 3 years old and still a stick without rear wheels steering. Mind you its easily half the price and its 4 seconds off on a 7 minute course that its never been on. The ACR didn't have the resources and testing to be able to do its best like almost every Porsche does at the ring. It wasn't designed, tested and bred on the ring like the GT cars. The major factor were the tires and how the spares were transported (kumhos for fucks sake). With the weather, limited time slots, crashed car, many changes in drivers due to scheduling that the grassroots attempt could achieve, there wasn't a clean run and money ran out with crowdfunding. The ACR theoretically could be in the mid to low 50s.

The GT3rs is a kickass car not matter how you cut it but calling it shaming kind of shows what you know. I wouldn't base everything on ring time either.
A bit hyperbolic, but regardless, remarkable that a 520 hp car with 750 lb of downforce vs 640 hp and 1800 lb of downforce is a bit faster.
They are both kickass cars, but on paper, the 3RS shouldn’t even be close, let alone faster.
I do know the ACR story and what happened and yes it’s also a bad ass car (also have a good friend who owns one). I’m not aware of how they were transported, but they are a special tire made just for the ACR and are about the widest tires I’ve ever seen (plenty wider than anything the GT Porsche’s are wearing).
I will say, part of making a phenomenal track car is making a complete, cohesive and put together package (transmission, suspension and tires all in complete synch). That is where I would place my money - and that is in Porsche where I think they make the best package in the industry and there times prove it. Add in the fact that they do it with FAR less hp is just a testament to their engineering.

Overall, a car making just over 500 hp and running sub 7 mins at the Ring is something I don’t think anyone else but Porsche could pull off.
Appreciate 0