View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

How have mods affected your resale?

Hi all,

Interested to know feedback from those of you who have modded your car and then sold it. Was it an issue for buyers? Did you feel you had to knock your price down? Did you swap back your stock parts and individually sell your aftermarket parts?

I have a strong desire to mod my M2 (I'm thinking FMIC + full exhaust + tune) but I'm conscious of the fact I'll likely need to move onto something bigger in around 5 years time, should the family expand. As a buyer myself I'd always prefer to buy a stock used car, which is making me reluctant to pull the trigger.

There's also the issue of voiding many elements of my warranty too, particularly if I decide to tune it. But I think I've come to terms with that. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

To preempt a response I am expecting, yes, I totally agree it's a fantastic car to enjoy stock... but with so much potential and fun to be had from some basic mods, I'm not sure if I'm worrying too much over this resale thing years down the track.

In terms of how I will be driving the car... it'll be my daily, and I hope to track it at least 2-3 times a year in the summer, for a bit of fun.

Your thoughts appreciated!
Thanks
Appreciate 1