United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermasterpieces View Post
Hi

We,ve got some emails with the next question :

,, What does the installation-procedure look like ? I
Is it installed on the top of the orginal speedometer or the orginal one has to be removed ,, ?

Answer :

NOTHING HAS TO BE REMOVED !!

The following post from this thread contains info on the install, from what I see it's a case of loosening the instrument cluster to fit the overhanging material behind for a clean install:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
Citing the installation instruction that came with it:

- Release the steering wheel and pull it towards you all the way. Adjust the wheels to the lowest position
- Remove the 2 torque screws (Torque bit T20) from the upper/iner side of the speedometer/tachometer clock. Be Careful!
- Press the Alcantara or leather casing on the existing dashboard-housing. You might have to apply a lot of pressure
- Reinstall the speedometer/Tachometer Clock

As my M2 keeps getting postponed (due end of May now ) I'm yet to try it out... I might temporarily try it on the M240i for fitment purposes however

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Yes, it looks great from that angle. I wonder though how it looks from the drivers view. I would hate to install that and then see an edge where it attaches to the original dash.
I know what you mean metric, check their facebook gallery for close up pics. The cover has overhanging material to fold behind the instrument cluster for an OE look.

Mine arrives this week, I'll report back once installed.

///MIKE M206.50