02-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #82
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Paging W///

So, until you sign a check, will you be tossing and turning in your sleep now?
Actually, surprisingly not haha. The reviews are kind of just confirming everything I thought the M2 would be, which is a great thing. But watching this review kind of just reminds me that I already have a "driver's car" in the E36 M3 in my possession. You want balance, fun and nimbleness? That car delivers.

So it looks like I'll end up having to somehow try to test drive one myself. Like I've said multiple times, if I'm buying or have only 1 new BMW to purchase, the M2 would be it. But right now, the F80 makes more sense to me. She's calling my name

In regards to Sam's final thoughts, I'm not sure I agree. I don't feel like the M3/4 has been sanitized at all. I feel like it's the complete opposite. The torque almost overwhelms the car and I find it to be a pretty unruly beast if you don't treat it with respect. Granted, I've only driven the M235i (one with optional LSD even), and I felt like that was a much more friendly car, but in a good way. Compared to my FBO E92 M3, the F80 was far less sanitary in everyway haha, whereas the 2ers were much more familiar to me.

Either way, I congratulate everyone that has the M2 on order. You guys have done very well!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 3