Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3baman View Post
450HP is way to much, but I think people were thinking more towards 380-390 with a few less CF bits than M3/4 for cost saving purposes and potentially a lighter car than the M235i.

Obviously we don't have anywhere near the complete details, but so far it looks like even the weight will be a cause for concern for some.
But this is exactly what people say EVERY TIME. Look at the M3/4. When the specs came out, everyone btched and moaned about how it only had 5 more hp than the S65. I love my E92, but I know it would get stomped by an M3/4 almost every time.

I think maybe all our expectations are different. Personally, I don't expect the engine to be the main talking point about this car. What I really care about is that they take the really good 2er chassis, and add the suspension, brakes, diff and EPS from the M3/4. Now THAT, is what makes me salivate.

Wasn't the 1M identical? At the end of the day, it was just an N54 that could be found anywhere. But the combination between the chassis and E9x M3 parts made it magical.
I think what you're seeing now are the 'fake buyers' get filtered out. They were expecting a 2900 lb, 450hp S65-laden CF coated machine. lol
Well, I disagree with this elitist "fake buyer" bullshit, I have to say you're right. I WAS hoping for an 3000lbs, S65, CF laden demon on wheels. Clearly that's not happening. Hence the lack of enthusiasm now. I may now end up getting an M4 next year instead of an M2. We'll see once this is out and there are some honest reviews.

If speed is death, then buy a Honda and live forever
Appreciate 0