Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabi View Post
I guess I don't mind how it is fitted at all. I like how bold it looks a little low and outward.

It was a little too loud on cold starts when I added a DP. I installed a EVC to keep the flap closed on start ups and its tolerable (still rattles the glasses in the kitchen cabinets). Valve open is Awesome!
I love the sound. Can't imagine how much louder it would be with DP. I might just leave it alone seeing as how it's supposed to sit this way. The hangars are already short as is, can't see much adjustment there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Mine sits exactly the same way height wise as the OP which is in my opinion is too low. I have the stock diffuser and mine doesn't stick out past the bumper/diffuser nearly as much.

I adjusted mine by putting the rear on jack stands and supporting the muffler can with a floor jack then loosening the two exhaust clamps, moving the muffler into the position that I wanted and tightening the exhaust clamps again. I had to jack up the muffler quite a ways (almost hitting the bumper) when I was tightening the clamps to get it to max height because after you tighten the clamp and release the floor jack the hangar will sag under the weight of the muffler a bit.

You may want to ask your install shop where they cut the stock exhaust, there should be a dimple to indicate where to cut so you get the correct final length.

OP let me know if you need help.
Thanks for your feedback. Are you saying even after your adjustment it sits low? Did you install it yourself or have a shop do it? I made an appointment with Autoscope to inspect it but it seems like this is how it's supposed to sit? They cut from the resonator since I have the resonator delete as well.

Just saw your pics. The first pic looks very similar to mine. Angles make a big difference.

Last edited by Happy Motoring; 05-22-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0