10-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #14
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Is there a reason for not going with matching rear pads?
For my driving style on road and track; the brake balance is slightly better with RS4-4 at the rear then RS-29 all round. At the time; I also asked the guys from Pagid UK what the best set up would be for my car and they advised me the same set-up with RS4-4 at the rear. A nice side effect is the less squealing noise from the rear RS4-4 pads. Most of the squealing noise when driving slowly comes from the rear pads and RS4-4 are way more quiet then RS-29.

For 5 year I'm driving with Pagids brake pads on my Z4M with AP brakes. So this is all own experience! With this brake set-up I have covered + 80.000km on the street and + 200 laps on the Nürburgring. I have driven with RS-4-2 all round (not good on track), RS-14 front & RS4-4 rear, RS-29 all round, RS-29 front & RS4-4 rear.

My preferred set up is RS-14 front & RS4-4 rear... The initial bite is awesome and the braking power is the best I have experienced. I can outbreak almost any car with steel brakes (even 997 GT3's). The AP brakes with Pagid pads (+ steel linings and other brake oil) is that good! RS-14 is a bit heavy on the brake discs (rotors) when driving on track and I wanted to try RS-29.
After 4 years I have switched to RS-29 all round and finally to RS-29 front & RS4-4 rear. The initial bite is less then with RS-14 but the RS-29 last longer and are more friendly for the discs (rotors).

Both set-ups have zero fading on the Nürburgring....on Spa-Francorchamps the RS-14 is also great...I did not test RS-29 there...but will do that next month.

From Pagid
Quote:
For the Z4 (and for BMWs in general) a very good track set up is RS14 front pads and RS4-4 orange rear pads. A lot of pro teams do that.

Due to the weight transfer during braking the front brakes do most of the job, especially on a front engine car. In our experience the brake balance is better when using less friction on the rear axle. On an ABS car you won't feel so much difference but it is better to stay out of the ABS especially with a none racing ABS.

With good tires I still think the RS14 / RS44 is the best combination for a BMW. For a Porsche I only recommend RS29 all around. But you can also try RS29, on a street car with ABS the brake balance is not so critical than with a real race car.

Last edited by Franzino; 10-11-2016 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 2
kezm231.00
rich8566608.50