Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
ThereCanBeOnly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Autotrader ad for car I drove today

I drove this today. I feel deeply conflicted, I also drove a Cayman S and man two very different cars getting me to a happy place in different ways.

So this M2 has the M-Performance exhaust, but even with that it seems pretty quiet. Must be the turbos. It was stupidly fast if I am being honest. That engine is a monster.

So first off- is their pricing reasonable?

Next- has anyone heard a strange clanking from just under the console upon starting? It made a disconcerting noise a couple of times before I drove off, then I didn't hear it again. Maybe while the exhaust was cold something was loose?

Also- I am of the impression that all of the doo-dads on this one are in-fact stock. Anyone see anything amiss?

Finally- I accidentally drove a Cayman S they had on hand as well, and it was pretty confusing as it was equally nice yet totally different. I'd plan on taking whatever I get to a great many track days, and so anyone with advice I am all ears.
Sorry to tell you this, but posting here will get only get you numerous responses encouraging you to get the M2. I suppose you'll get an equal number of reactions stating the same for the Porsche over on a Porsche board. Oh, and by the way, get the M2 since it is the best choice.
Attached Images