05-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #36
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
M2 is much faster in a straight line but the RS will be pretty darn good in the corners.

Also there's no way in hell a RS costs more than a M2. You can get a RS at MSRP or 1-3K over easy. The MSRP is 15K less than the M2 base for base and some dealers are charging 10K over for M2's as well.

For a car that costs that much less to be that good is impressive. I have my radar on the RS and M2 as my next daily, whichever one I can get first will be the winner.
For me personally, I don't care about taking corners at the limit. I care for the overall package as an amazing daily driver, weekend canyon carver, and maybe a few trips to the strip. The M2 would be the better car in every way. The Focus only has utility and blistering quick 0-40 times(AWD traction) going for it.

And if you can find me a dealer that is selling the RS at MSRP, please do share. I'm not willing to travel cross country for a fucking Focus, and 8-10 of my local dealers don't have any allocations and if they do its $5-$10k ADM at the least. You do the math, an almost $40k RS with a $5-$10 ADM or a $52k M2(both 6MT to be fair)

I can get an M2 at MSRP right now. Believe me I shopped for an RS because our X1 lease is ending so I considered adding an RS alongside my F80. At this point though I'm thinking of going for the Golf R DSG with DCC, which is actually faster in a straight line than the RS, which for daily duties will be amazing.
Appreciate 0