11-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #21
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
For me, I like the Motor Trend videos, both Head to Head, and Ignition. Also, Alex on Autos, while verbose, gives extremely complete and detailed reviews, in 4k on youtube.
I agree on both counts - production quality is very high on the MT videos, like watching a car TV show. Alex on Autos does a nice job of being objective, hitting the high points and low, never sounding like he's trying to sell something. And you're right, he is filming in 4K - on our TV his reviews look fantastic.

Another one we like, though he's been quiet lately, is savagegeese. His production quality is very high, and his "in the shop" segments in each review where he details the cars from under a lift, with attention paid to the suspension setup, camber adjustments, and undercarriage details are very well done while also often being humorous. He's also not afraid to tell it like it is - good and bad.

Have you ever seen carguru's Tesla videos? He's the guy who rebuilt a Tesla from the ground up using salvage parts. I don't know if he is doing the actual playing, but some of the videos have him playing music, like the theme to "Titanic", on a flute but so badly that we literally laugh until we're crying with stomach cramps. He loves ranking on Tesla's failure to support owners who have salvage cars, but he does it in such a humble, funny way that we play every video just hoping he'll break out the flute.
Appreciate 1
boostm3683.00