Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
I also don't carry BS insurance like medical, uninsured/underinsured (also medical) and limited tort. You may feel differently.

Lastly, keep your coverage to [Edit]state minimums <- your insurance provider may have higher "minimum" coverage amounts [/Edit] and buy an umbrella.
As an FYI, State Farm made me adjust all of my insurance limits before they would write the umbrella (including having max uninsured/under-insured).
I rather doubt it was to the MAX - unless you have base limits of 2 million or something.

I'd bet the request was to increase your U-BI LIMITS to match your individual liability limits.

They also may have requested you increase your liability limits to a certain level - for example . 250/250/250 ... they then add the umbrella policy above that, however that's a completely separate item.

Aloha Joe was spot on

" Umbrella policies for the majority of us, is a good thing to have, but depending on your state and carrier. You may need to get higher coverage than the state minimums on your auto policy, plus your homeowners policy will be looked at as well."
Appreciate 0