View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 10:00 AM   #11
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, and a bit off topic, but I've read at least a few times on here or in group chats that some previous owners regret having an X5M/X6M as a "daily", simply because the ride was way too harsh. That's subjective of course, but I do recommend you maybe test drive one or sit in one before giving it too much more thought. It might not be what you want to deal with on a daily basis, which it sounds like your RDX is doing really well at.

Not that you need validation or anything, but yeah I agree with others, your car is probably the cleanest example on this forum (functional and form). If you love it, don't get rid of it. Just find more opportunities to drive it (and then clean it again right after).
I would put a suspension on the X5 and soften it a bit for sure, and my commute is only 3 days a week, and very short. I think the biggest problem with me owning an X5M is the 20 days or so that I'm on the road for 6-14 hours. Cars just take a beating under those conditions.

The RDX fits the bill flawlessly, except that it's not very special, so I feel like I'm wasting my largest driving experience on something that isn't special.

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
I will NEVER own another V anything. Everything that requires maintenance comes in 2's. Two value cover gaskets, two timing chain covers gaskets, etc. Also look at the design of the "hot V8" the turbo sits in the middle and by design the turbo oil inlet and outlet tube will eventually leak oil, just from natural torque of the engine stressing the joints. Then add-in the dreaded valley pan. My point, I don't feel it is worth the hassle. Not to mention the gas the M SAVs suck ~14 MPG.
Wise words. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
How attached are you to the lotus?
I've had the Lotus 15 years, she's my baby. I only drive her 5-10 times a year (the rest of the time she sleeps climate-controlled in my basement), but every time I do I'm like, just wow, this car. My plan is to sell it (hopefully for a lot) when I'm 70 (17 years from now).
Appreciate 2