United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
I like the renders and am hopeful that the production car styling will live up to the expectations of everyone. I do wish that the renders would stop showing csl type wheels though. They are very much turn of the century. I'm even more hopeful that the actual production car doesn't include them.
CSL wheels are Turn of the century? The e92 M3 with the Comp package had them until 2013-2014. They are classics now. I guess you can even say they hark back to the BBS basket weaves of the 70s, early 80s. Which means that they have originated before the turn of the century. And there is nothing wrong with the design. In fact, it seems that the old school designs are the ones that last the longest.
Right or wrong I associate them with the e46 m3 and to your point they did continue to last within BMW as well as outside with VMR and Apex and others. I got it that they are classic. Just not my cup of tea and was hoping to see some renders with wheels more similar to current M cars or something else. The car is fresher, modern, and new but the wheels are off the shelf from the past. In any event, all is a matter of opinion and I would still love to see the car with some more current wheel designs.