View Single Post
      02-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #15
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Things I look for when Im picking a body shop is

1. Compatibility and recommendation from my insurance. Make sure you are authorized repair shop for a majority of insurance companies, and do what ever you can to get their recommendation when cars are damaged. This is the #1 thing that influences my decision if I am going through insurance.

2. Authorized repair shops for different vehicles. If you can get the dealerships to start recommending you, you have a leg up on the competition. See what it takes to be a certified BMW/Audi/Chevy/Ford/etc repair shop.

3. Quality of work. Unless you already have a big customer base and people throughout the community have seen your work, get a shop car and do some crazier exterior/body mods with a great paint job. Take this to the local car shows and let people see the quality. It isnt so you can get every boyracer to come in and get a body kit put on, but so that people can see the quality of work you can do with fiberglass, body panels, paint, etc. Then you also get all the boyracers who wreck their cars leaving the car show as well.

4. Word of mouth/Social media. Make sure you have at a minimum a facebook page and some way for people to find you online. If im told of a shop, but cant find a good website or fb, then I dont even bother. If they cant take the time to do this, why would i think they would take the time to do quality work.
Appreciate 0