04-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #24
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebster View Post
Here is my impression of both.

RE-71R are amazing. I have used them on this car and the E36. They are great grip for the track. Basically a street legal slick with treads. They do wear quickly. Went through one set in 3 track days. Probably right now the best DOT track tire out there. They are also light which helps for rolling resistance etc.

Hankook RS-3- I got a deal on these and know I see why. These tires on the track are horrible. The car squeals and pushes quite a bit. They are significantly heavier than the RE-71R. The one positive is that they are more durable. For regular street use they are fine but for track I wouldn't recommend. Probably about 2 seconds slower than the RE-71R.

Going to try the TOYO R888R soon through a sponsorship so that will be interesting.
The re-71rs seem to be heavier than all options. What did yours weigh? A 265/35r19 lists at 30lbs! RS3's are lighter and a good compromise/added grip vs MPSS. Those options weigh around 24-26 I believe. How loud are they on the street? What sizes did you run?
Appreciate 0