View Single Post
      12-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
gsrbri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT

Former M4 owner

I owned an M4 for three years and moved to the M2 once my waiting list period was over. Just for context, both are 6MT and my M4 had cast iron rotors. Not a CP. I have probably 25 track days on the M4 and used it as my DD (through three New England winters). The M2 is now a second vehicle (no winters and not DD).

The M4 has more power, no question. It's significant. It's a more comfy DD and has more room/bigger car, as you know. Also an excellent track car - a bit heavy and easy to over-drive. The horsepower allows you to be less-precise on-track. Not the car's fault, obviously.

The M2 I find more involving and emotional. Analog suspension, smaller/nimbler, a bit more of a momentum car, these days. I also wanted a less exotic car in the event I have an issue on-track (steel rear suspension carrier, no CF roof or deck lid, or driveshaft). It has less repair cost but uses a lot of M4 parts where it counts.

It's a special car. I think the M4 is less so. For a DD - M4. For a sports car/second vehicle - M2 [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 6