View Single Post
      10-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #8
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Yeah Moto anything is nuts. I was a local pro motocross racer for years. Now with age comes a cage.
Pops is doing well! His big concern is wearing his helmet while tracking his car and how much he'll be able to move his neck lol.

I really thought verstapen had it this year! But I think he let emotions get involved and made some questionable decisions. Really wanted to see him dethrone Hamilton!
Certainly every situation is different but I had to have three vertebrae fused in my neck and haven't had any issues on the track. Mobility isn't the best but with the mirrors properly set I have as much visibility as possible with a halo seat & neck restraint. I splurged for a carbon fiber Stilo to minimize the weight and worked through a couple of neck restraints before landing on one from Stand21 that fits me best. Still get sore and all that - but hasn't been a detriment so far. Hopefully works out for your dad like this.

Think the added race is going to end up swinging it into Mercs favor. Definitely hope it doesn't end up that way - want to see Ver take it home too.
Appreciate 0