View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
NICKM2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Arma Speed M2 Carbon Fiber Intake System Review

Here is a quick review for people who are interested in aftermarket air intake or Arma Speed Hyper flow air intake. I had it installed for about a month and i would like to share some experience with you.

Arma Speed intake is made with double layer carbon fiber and has OEM fitment. It has direct bolt on feature and fit OEM sensor without any error code. The high quality red Kevlar carbon fiber intake, it looks aggressive and matches my engine bay. OEM style design makes fitment perfectly. The closed air box isolates hot air from engine bay and provides maximum cold air into the engine. The air scoop and vented air box design ensures smooth air flow. Arma Speed is equipped with variable filter feature, which claims more torque at low rpms.

For me the first thing I do in mod my car would be improving the sound of it , because it makes you feel the difference immediately and it always make me happy. And when I did test drive right after installation. Right away I heard was the sound of the intake sucking in air and the whoosh sound when I let off throttle. I could feel the better torque when I did a little pulling. I didn't have an exact number on how many horse power it generated but I did sense that it improved a bit on the turbo lag problem since I have catless down pipe.

I switched to Arma Speed intake system from Injen technology. But since they are at different price point, you can't really compare with one another. I just want to share the experience regarding differences that I felt. To be honest, Injen intake has open filter design so it makes the sound a bit louder than Arma speed. On the other hand, the high quality carbon fiber and OEM design makes Arma Speed intake looks nicer and cleaner in engine bay. Over all I would definitely recommend Arma Speed. It does not only look impressive but it also enhances performs and will take your car to the next level.

Thank you Eddie and Bobby@ArmaSpeedUSA, @ImpressiveAutoConcepts and Alan@ModAuto

Appreciate 2