10-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #28
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
- you don't need a VIN to look up part numbers. use this website http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select The part number for the TPMS is 36106856209 for the M3, M4, and M2 which is the 4th one on the list.
-If you guys have any questions about sizing, please reach out to the vendor directly. Eddy and the Apex team have been very helpful. The contact is in the group buy. You can also ask them to see if they can make the 235/40-18 tire size as an option.
I ordered my wheel / tire package but forgot about the (damn) TPMS. Apex told me they can add that to my order, but they want me to get the correct part number. I tried the website link above but can't find the TPMS in any of the part categories, and I don't know where else to find it. Could someone PLEASE confirm that the part number above is the correct one? I don't to order the wheels with the wrong ones.
Thanks.

PS. Here is what the guy from Apex wrote me:
"We believe the correct TPMS sensor is the RDE027. This is the manufacturers part number. BMW will assign a part number to their own sensor, and we do not currently have that information on file. This should be the same sensor found in the F22 2 series as well as the F8X M3/4. Since TPMS sensors must be installed with your wheels during mounting and balancing, the last thing we want is to cost our customers time and money if they have installed the wrong TPMS. Therefore, we always state that the customer check his part number with their local BMW department. Though we may have a recommendation as to what the sensor may be, the only way to truly guarantee the number is through BMW."

Last edited by andrettifan; 10-08-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0