View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
MNM2ER
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Surely the tyre size for the M2 is 35 not 40?

My contys have been, well, ok. but only ok.

Ive found that driving normally and going for a blast here and there seems to highlight how fragile the tyre and wheels are.

Ive not kerbed any wheels, just some stones have flicked up now and again which have then required a wheel refurb (one stone both nearside wheels). Then on the same journey a relatively small lip in a main round dinged the drivers side front! so 3 refurbs in one journey!

Then a nail in the nearside rear.

so 3 refurbs, then a back tyre. ££££

drive another 100 miles or so, another puncture in new rear tyre (fragile)

Didn't hit anything, just some normal bumps on the abysmal south west b roads. shallow potholes that are barely potholes but no major scrapes, bumps that would merit a puncture.

Of course no spare or space saver (I need to source a space saver kit please someone)

Getting the rear replaced I think am told (and have seen on video) 2 identical bulges on the two fronts!

So basically thats 2 fronts and two backs in 300 miles. Then to top it all it looks like the other rear will need replacing soon.

Anyone having this misery? 5,800 miles, yes I love the car - but why drive it if i will always get a puncture and be stranded?

I don't drive recklessly either.

anyone else sharing similar pains?
Appreciate 0