View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #82
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
So I had Ohlins installed last week. In a word they are awesome. My impression was that the OEM suspension was amazing on smooth road surfaces but too bouncy on the back roads I like to drive. Meanwhile I wanted some adjustability so my wife would actually get in my car and go for a drive out to the coast with me. With this in mind I had my spring rates changed to 80N/mm front and 160N/mm rear. My review 1 week in is they are a definite step up from the OEM and whether they are set at 15 clicks which gives them a level of firmness similar to OEM but less bounce resulting in a more planted feel. At 5 clicks the suspension is much firmer than OEM, which translated into a very quick responsive feel and the front end stays flatter as you shift through a series of s turns. As I drive my M2 only on weekends around town and often a back road run I am planning on running it at 8-10 clicks most of the time and then back it down to 15 when my wife is up for a road trip.
I am hoping to install some Ferodo DS2500 pads and get it on the track in a month or two, so I will report back after a track day.
Ohlins is going to feel softer even with high rate springs since the dampers are very precise and do a very good job of limiting body motions.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 11-08-2017 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 0