11-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #30
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Interesting that you came to this conclusion.
Ok, Let me explain the conclusion and add some context. I began to research oils for those that care about their cars as much as I do. I spent a lot of time studying certifications, looking for documentation. I called Shell oil since they are the new approved supplier of oil for M2 and 1M. Also BMW has released new oils. I spent time speaking with an engineer at Shell. Despite not having an M2, I have a 1M, I decided that we are the same community with the same concerns and decided to post some of what I learned on this forum. There were people with different opinions and I respect that and spent time answering their concerns. So the sole purpose of of this thread was to share good information. People added their experiences and thoughts on oils furthering the discussion. Some liked 0 weight, some didn't, etc etc. It was an honest fruitful discussion furthering the exchange of ideas.

Then you posted this:

"Yep. All this back and forth on which is best doesn't make sense when the average person on this forum will dump their car in 3-5 years when the next new better car comes out or when their lease ends."

You were not adding anything in good faith to the discussion. You were simply stating this whole thread is worthless and a waste of time because people don't keep their cars more than 3-5 years.

You basically just took a dump on the thread and moved on.

Now you post all of this stuff to prove that you do care about your car but all I had to base my response was this one act of poor judgment or incivility or whatever you want to call it that appears immature. So you might in fact really care about your car or you might be a nice person but what you did on the thread was lame in my opinion. If you want to contribute something to the discussion of oils for those of us that keep our cars more than 5 years, which my 1M is 5 years old now, you are welcome to contribute. But just saying this thread is worthless is not just lame but fails to understand others points of view that they do want to keep their cars.

So I am sorry you don't understand why you got that response, I hope this helps clarify it.

Best wishes.

Now on to real discussion. You state again that oil doesn't matter as long as certifications are there. What you missed from the thread is that Shell is using different technology than other oils. They are making this from Natural Gas stock not petroleum stock so it is in fact different than other oils. BMW has tested Shell oils and certified them not just "OK to Use."

Furthermore, they are certified for Ferrari and Maserati too.
Appreciate 3
123Britt289.00
quikM2371.00
ZPrime611.50