08-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #87
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtong View Post
It depends on the color, I saw a black 991.2 C2S at the dealership the other day and it looked very slender relative to the C4S and Targa 4 GTS in the show room. It is even more noticeable when they are next to one another. Colors matter a lot too. Unfortunately I think the sapphire blue hides the width more than other colors, especially fashion grey or racing yellow. I'm not sure if I would want to have a non wb 911 now that my eyes are adjusting to the two. I think the 997 shows width diffrences better since they aren't very squatty. The 991s are much wider so an untrained eye might not notice the difference between a c2 or c4 but I think they could tell with the 997. But my eyes are very picky and particular kind of like Matt Moreman, just not as extreme.

Yes you are correct, I will not be buying another car for awhile. I think the GTI/C4S combo will hold my attention better than my previous cars. Any plans to get back into a p car? Sounds like you have a GT car in the future.
Spot on regarding the more subtle differences in the wide body design in the 991's relative to the 997's........... the 997.2 wide body is my absolute favorite design by Porsche of any model they've made to date.........with the exception the of the 918 Spyder, and possibly the first generation 987 Boxter Spyder (circa 2010-2012).

To answer your question, yes. I've had a 987 Cayman S, followed by the aforementioned 997.2 GTS, and hopefully one day soon, another mid engine P car.
My plan is to get the M2 (week 38 production) and enjoy the hell out of it for at least 2 years if not longer, and then get into the Cayman GT4 or Spyder, depending on if I move back to Southern California.

I came to find out recently that it's not easy to be up at the top of the list for 2nd gen GT4 unless you've purchased a previous GT car from a particular dealership. I think it also really depends on where you live and the demand for them locally.

Consequently, I spoke to the general manager of the dealership where I purchased my GTS and he assured me he would place me at the top of the list for the GT4, as soon as he gets details on the car. He said it likely wouldn't be until the end of this year or early next year that they would even know about production and a tentative release date. So I've got some waiting to do, which I'm perfectly fine with.
I gave serious thought to the next generation GT3, but after reading a lot about the car, I think the GT4 would actually be the more fun car for weekend drives and daily fun.
It was a pure track toy, I would have more seriously considered the upcoming GT3.

Depending on how I feel about the M2, I think in 3 years, my plan is to daily either the M3 or M5 and have the GT4 or Spyder as my weekend/auto cross car.
Appreciate 0