03-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #35
soco352
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post

I don't DD the 911 so I think that plays into the decision as well. If I was going to DD the M2 would be attractive I suppose. Other thing to consider is I see 2 series on the road like 10-15 times a day, even see M2's around my area. They all look pretty much the same to the untrained eye. The Porsche draws attention every where I drive it, that is something I hadn't considered or was prepared for. I've had the 911 for a couple months now, hardly driven it and have gotten compliments from strangers on a regular basis. I never had that in any of the BMWs I've owned. The M2 is a good performance coupe if you want to blend in with the crowd.

The last thing to consider is depreciation if you are buying. The 'base' M2s will drop like a rock in the price department over the next couple years as BMW introduces other M2 variants while the lightly used 911's have already been slapped with the depreciation.

Interesting opinion. In my area porsches are everywhere and I have yet to see an m2 on the road here. While I agree I would buy any 911C2S above a m2 I think the lbb m2 has more pop than a Porsche that's had the same overall shape for how years now?

As far as depreciation you're right there. Porsches are the hot cars right now with many models actually slowly appreciating.
Appreciate 0