View Single Post
      05-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
///M3
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Intel Q6600 or E8400? Any of you guys own one of these chips?

I'm getting ready to build my new system but I still can't decide on which chip to use.

My motherboard will be either the Gigabyte DS3L or the ASUS P5E-VM HDMI and I'd like a nice Core 2 to put in it. I've been looking at either the Intel Q6600 or the Intel E8400. One's a quad and the other is a dual-core.

Do any of you guys own either of these chips? I'd like to know what you think about them. How fast do they seem, how well do they over clock for you and was it worth the money? I know Nehalem is coming in August(or so) But the prices will be huge. Plus, current Intel chips are so fast they should be enough for at least 4-5 years in my situation.

I don't game much now because of my current system which isn't able to play the newer games. I use Photoshop and Dreamweaver and wouldn't mind trying some video editing either which is why I thought about the quad. The thing is, most programs today and probably not until next year at the earliest, will take advantage of two cores let alone four! Any thoughts?