View Single Post
      04-15-2017, 12:14 AM   #11
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
I think it's a function of Lime Rock (being all right hand turns, not great camber in my 135i, and maybe my driving style.

I always try to be kind to my tires - monitor to 36 hot psi, get them up to temp before picking up the pace - but inevitably this happens after a few track days. Once at my pace, I do think I overdrive the car a little, so that have a bit to do with it.

I'm hoping that the M2 will be a little better on tire wear overall so this site has been pretty helpful to see what has been working for others. Unfortunately, the sample size is small. At this point, I plan on switching to Michelin Sport Cup 2s and seeing how that goes. But if I keep chewing through tires, it will become economical to just get camber plates and maybe a suspension upgrade.
Ah ok that's on a 1 series. I'm sure there are some differences on the geometry and suspension setup between that car and the M2.

Not saying M2 won't need more negative camber but I haven't seen any chunking like that with stock alignment.
Appreciate 0